Every year since 2009, Journey has hosted an online Scripture memory competition known as “The Journey Challenge.”
• How much Scripture do you memorize?
In the past, 1 chapter of the Bible has been selected to memorize, or else a theme of verses from different chapters. In either case, the number of verses could range from 20 – 34!
• How much time do you have to memorize the verses?
The Challenge is hosted over the course of one month. The month will be announced online (typically January or February).
•Who is The Journey Challenge for?
Anyone (any age)! Grab your friend, brother, cousin, dad, wife, neighbor, boss, co-worker, or grandma and get into the Word of God together!
[You do not have to be an alumni of Journey to participate in The Challenge.]
*More details can be found at the bottom of the post.
So there you have it, a snapshot of The Challenge …
We aren’t sure if we are going to host
The Challenge this coming year, 2017.
So what’s the deciding factor? Y O U
Will you take The Challenge in 2017?
Your Vote Decides
Go cast your vote at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WPQ3BWY
The Journey Team
- For every day of The Challenge, a blog post is written, corresponding with that day’s verse and is posted on our blog.
- Verses must be memorized and quoted to an accountable adult (parent, friend, spouse, mentor) by the appointed deadline.
- We get super excited about people hiding the Living Word of God in their hearts(!!!) so we consider it our privilege to send something special to each of those who complete the Challenge. 🙂